Dr. Lawrence James Lahatte M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology2258 Wrightsboro Rd Suite 401 Augusta GA, 30904
Dr. Lawrence Lahatte is a gastroenterologist practicing in Augusta, GA. Dr. Lahatte specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Lahatte performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
University of Florida College of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Regional Centers (South Central) Program
Dr. Lawrence James Lahatte M.D.'s Practice location
Augusta, GA 30904Get Direction
Dr. Lawrence James Lahatte M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lahatte
- Gluten Could Trigger Lymphoma in Patients Who Already have Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is a disease of the immune system that is said to be triggered by gluten, the protein in wheat products. It affects a few million people in the U.S. each year. Most who are diagnosed will go on a gluten-free diet, as that is currently the only treatment doctors know of which leads to...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What Causes Nausea: An Overview of the Most Common Conditions
Nausea is a term which describes a sick stomach and the feeling of wanting to vomit. It can be a sign to vomit the contents of the stomach. Nausea is a symptom, not a disease. It is caused by many diseases but can often be prevented. Almost all people experience nausea at some point, which makes it...
- Experimental Drug May Ease Gluten-Triggered Reactions in Celiac Patients
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease that is characterized by the body’s immune system attacking the digestive tract. In celiac disease, the immune system assaults and destroys the villi of the small intestine. When these villi are damaged, the intestines can no longer absorb nutrients...
- How Does Linzess Work for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)?
What is Linzess?Linzess is a medication used to relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS‑C) and for the treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) or chronic constipation of unknown cause. This medication works in the intestines to help reduce pain and...
- Pain in the Lower Left Abdomen: Causes and Home Remedies
From time to time we experience pains and aches in various parts of our body, which normally indicates that something in our body is not functioning correctly. Lower abdominal pain could mean a series of problems. What are the various causes leading to pain in the lower abdomen? It is a question...
- Dr. Humberto Sifuentes M.D.1653 W Congress Pkwy Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Matthew Shepard Cranford M. D.820 Saint Sebastian Way Augusta GA 30901
- Dr. Roger Keith Fincher MD484 Falcon Dr Augusta GA 30907
- Dr. Adam David Waller M.D.393 N Belair Rd Evans GA 30809
- Dr. Paul B Schwartz M.D.820 Saint Sebastian Way Augusta GA 30901
- Dr. Sunil K Lal M.D.2357 Tobacco Rd Augusta GA 30906