Dr. Derek J Eaton D.D.S.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery15 Buck Island Rd Bluffton SC, 29910
Dr. Derek Eaton is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Bluffton, SC. Dr. Eaton specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Eaton is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Eaton are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
- Equivalent squares for small field dosimetry.
- Dosimetry measurements with an intra-operative x-ray device.
- On-orbit performance of the Hubble Space Telescope fine guidance sensors.
- Radiation protection for an intra-operative X-ray device.
- Quality assurance and independent dosimetry for an intraoperative x-ray device.
- Physics support of image-guided radiotherapy.
- A national dosimetry audit of intraoperative radiotherapy.
- Electronic brachytherapy--current status and future directions.
- UK Consensus on Normal Tissue Dose Constraints for Stereotactic Radiotherapy.
- Selecting sites for rural health workers.
Dr. Derek J Eaton D.D.S.'s Practice location
Gastonia, NC 28054Get Direction
Dr. Derek J Eaton D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Eaton
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Dr. Aaron Partha Sarathy DMD225 Distant Island Dr Ladys Island SC 29907
- Dr. Brian Low D.M.D.35 Bill Fries Dr Hilton Head Island SC 29926
- Paul Christopher Shirley DMD347 Red Cedar St Bluffton SC 29910
- Dr. Donald Marvin Phillips DMD1 Pinckney Blvd Beaufort SC 29902
- Dr. Thomas Blair Hines D.D.S.8901 Wisconsin Ave Bethesda MD 20889
- Dr. Matthew Sherban D.M.D.8901 Wisconsin Ave Bethesda MD 20889