Dr. Sheldon Joel Getzug M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology18425 Burbank Blvd Suite 500 Tarzana CA, 91356
Dr. Sheldon Getzug is a gastroenterologist practicing in Tarzana, CA. Dr. Getzug specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Getzug performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Southern Ca Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1959
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California 1959
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr-W La, Internal Medicine; L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- U S DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Dr. Sheldon Joel Getzug M.D.'s Practice location
Tarzana, CA 91356Get Direction
Dr. Sheldon Joel Getzug M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Getzug
- What Triggers Heartburn?
Heartburn is a very uncomfortable situation that transpires in the body, characterized by a fiery sensation in the lower chest cavity. Heartburn is typically initiated after the consumption of certain foods and beverages. The fiery sensation an individual will experience is then followed by a bitter...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Silent Reflux?
Silent reflux, or laryngopharyngeal reflux, is similar to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), however, it lacks the characteristic symptoms of GERD. Both conditions are caused by contents from the stomach moving backward into the esophagus. As the typical symptoms of gastric reflux are lacking...
- What to Expect After a Cholecystectomy
In case you have problems with your gallbladder and there is a need for it to be removed, you will experience unusual and uncomfortable symptoms while trying to adapt to a new life without a gallbladder. Obviously, when your gallbladder is removed, bile can't be stored like before since it is meant...
- Idol Casey Abrams Promotes Awareness of Crohn's and Colitis
Casey Abrams is a young man who suffers from ulcerative colitis. He is also the Season 10 American Idol finalist, and in 2011 he was hospitalized while singing in the famous competition because of a flare of his ulcerative colitis. Though he had to suffer through some very serious health issues,...
- What Causes Nausea: An Overview of the Most Common Conditions
Nausea is a term which describes a sick stomach and the feeling of wanting to vomit. It can be a sign to vomit the contents of the stomach. Nausea is a symptom, not a disease. It is caused by many diseases but can often be prevented. Almost all people experience nausea at some point, which makes it...
- Famous 'Alien' Scene Was Inspired by Crohn's
Inflammatory bowel disease is not a well-represented condition in film and movie industry. However, one of the most horrifying scenes known to the science fiction film community is a scene from the movie Alien. It's called the "chestburster" scene, during which an alien punches itself out of John...
- Dr. Calin S. Arimie MD7320 Woodlake Avenue Los Angeles California 91307
- Dr. Jeffrey H. Sherman MD8631 West 3rd Street Los Angeles California 90048
- Dr. Said Rahban MD6333 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048
- Ian Renner5901 W. Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90036
- Dr. Emeran A Mayer MD100 UCLA Medical Plaza Los Angeles California 90095
- Dr. Farshid Sam Rahbar M.D., FACP2080 Century Park E Los Angeles CA 90067