Dr. Kimberly Duncan is a speech language pathologist practicing in COLORADO SPRINGS, CO. Dr. Duncan specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Duncan evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Duncan helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Kimberly Ann Duncan M.A., CCC-SLP's Practice location
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80904Get Direction
Ms. Kimberly Ann Duncan M.A., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Alexandra J Cornejo M.S., CCC-SLP175 S UNION BOULEVARD COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80910
- Derek Cicchitto MS, CCC-SLP2222 N NEVADA AVE COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80907
- Audrey Veren M.S., CCC-SLP720 N BEAR PAW LN COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80906
- Miss Michelle E Breen MS CCC-SLP2490 JENNER CT COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80919
- Mrs. Julie Budrzysky Williams M.A,, CCC-SLP302 CRESTWOOD DR WOODLAND PARK CO 80863
- Lisa Hinton MS CCC-SLP325 PARKSIDE DR COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80910