Dr. Baher M Elhalwagi MD
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine703 E Marshall Ave Suite 3008 Longview TX, 75601
Dr. Baher Elhalwagi practices Sleep Medicine in Longview, TX. Dr. Elhalwagi studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Univ Of Cairo- Fac Of Med- Cairo- Egypt (- Prior /) 1987
Kasr Alainy / Cairo University 1983
University Of Cairo Faculty Of Medicine 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Normal surfactant pool sizes and inhibition-resistant surfactant from mice that overexpress surfactant protein A.
- Alternate amino terminal processing of surfactant protein A results in cysteinyl isoforms required for multimer formation.
- Surfactant protein A inhibits T cell proliferation via its collagen-like tail and a 210-kDa receptor.
- The longer isoform and Cys-1 disulfide bridge of rat surfactant protein A are not essential for phospholipid and type II cell interactions.
- Deletion mapping of N-terminal domains of surfactant protein A. The N-terminal segment is required for phospholipid aggregation and specific inhibition of surfactant secretion.
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine; Univ Il Coll Med-Urbana, Internal Medicine; Cath M C Bklyn-Queens Inc, General Surgery
- U S DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Dr. Baher M Elhalwagi MD's Practice location
Longview, TX 75601Get Direction
Dr. Baher M Elhalwagi MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Elhalwagi
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- A New Study Shows Possible Link Between Atrial Fibrillation and Sleep Apnea
The Risk Of Sleep Apnea And Cardiac Issues Studies that are able to examine the relationship between sleep apnea and cardiac issues are of great importance, since the relationship between the two can be severe. This condition can cause issues when an individual is sleeping, as a study at Umea...
- Texas Rangers First Baseman Speaks About His Struggle with Sleep Apnea
Mike Napoli started his professional baseball career back in 2001, but it was not until 2006 that he debuted in the Major League Baseball, which was a milestone for him as he hit a homerun in his first match. His career continued to soar in the following years. However, in 2014, he suffered from few...
- Holistic Treatment for Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless legs syndrome is usually treated with lifestyle changes as well as medication. RLS causes people to experience unusual sensations in the legs while resting. These sensations can come in the form of:• Creepy-crawling feeling• Burning• Throbbing • PullingThese unpleasant feelings...
- Roseanne Reboot Talks Sleep Apnea, CPAP Masks, and Bringing Sexy Back
For those who lived in the 90’s, Roseanne was a wildly popular sitcom featuring Roseanne and Dan Conner and their 3 kids: Becky, Darlene and DJ. It became a hit in the era because it was probably one of the most realistic portrayals of an mid west blue color American family. The sitcom eventually...
- Why Am I So Tired?
Many people find it difficult to describe when they are tired. Some call it exhaustion, while others name it tiredness. Few others may call it fatigue. Fatigue, or tiredness, is a non-specific condition with numerous causes. Fatigue can be either physical or mental, although the two condition are...