Dr. Richard Prokopchak MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease2850 Keagy Rd Salem VA, 24153
Dr. Richard Prokopchak is a cardiologist practicing in Salem, VA. Dr. Prokopchak specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Prokopchak also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1984
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1984
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Transient Ischemic Attack (tia)
- Vascular Disease
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Virginia Mason Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Naval Reg Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Naval Medical Center (Portsmouth) Program
Dr. Richard Prokopchak MD's Practice location
Salem, VA 24153Get Direction
Dr. Richard Prokopchak MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prokopchak
- What is Ischemia?
Ischemia refers to the condition in which the muscles of the heart do not get an adequate supply of oxygen. This mostly happens because of reduced blood flow to the cardiac muscles either due to complete blockages or due to a partial block in the blood vessels that carry blood. This condition, also...
- Men Who Do Not Have Children Are at Risk for Heart Disease
A new study has show that men who do not have children are more likely to die from a heart complication or condition, when compared to men who did have children. In this study, the researchers followed more than 135,000 older men for a decade to observe the impact of fatherhood on health. Study...
- Who Should You Call if You Have a Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure does not indicate that your heart has stopped working; instead what it indicates is that your heart is pumping blood at a slower rate than normal. Because the blood moves through the heart and the body at a much slower rate, the pressure in the heart builds up. Hence, the...
- What is Blood Pressure, and How Is Blood Pressure Lowered?
Modern day lifestyle does come with the risk of certain disease that is a result of everyday stress, poor eating habits, lack of exercise, and so on. While we are all aware of these diseases, we fail to take timely steps to prevent them from happening to us, and, by the time these strike, it is...
- How to Properly Recover from Heart Surgery
The first few weeks after a heart surgery are usually eventful and difficult. As time passes, life becomes easier with lesser discomfort, if postoperative precautions are followed stringently. The most important thing that a patient should realize is that he himself is responsible for quick healing....
- The Three Best Treatment Methods for Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is a very common condition that can happen to people of different ages. The thing about muscular dystrophy is that there is no definite cure for it. However, there are ways to manage the condition. There are a lot of medications and therapies that can be used in order to keep it...
- Dr. Steven Goldstein DO1802 Braeburn Dr Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Andrew Maiolo MD1802 Braeburn Dr Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Venkata S. Chilakapati MD1970 Roanoke Boulevard Salem Virginia 24153
- Dr. Linus Adah Wodi MD1970 Roanoke Blvd Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Ido Heletz MD1215 Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. John Phillip Bushkar M.D.127 Mcclanahan St Sw Roanoke VA 24014