Dr. Nicholas Barber MD
Oncologist | Medical Oncology9205 Sw Barnes Rd Suite 20 Portland OR, 97225
Dr. Nicholas Barber is an oncologist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Barber specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Barber manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, Portland
Dr. Nicholas Barber MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97225Get Direction
PORTLAND, OR 97225Get Direction
Portland, OR 97225Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas Barber MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barber
- Why This Lymphoma Patient Has A New Lease on Life
59-year-old Judy Wilkins, a mother of two and owner of a hair salon, had been battling lymphoma for years. The cancer became so aggressive that she tried four different chemotherapy regimens over a course of 18 months, with an aim to put it into remission. Nothing worked until CAR T-cell therapy....
- Low-Dose Aspirin May Cut Ovarian Cancer Risk
Aspirin, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, can help with many health problems. It can reduce fever, ease pain, and even prevent a heart attack or stroke. For some time now researchers have looked into the connection between aspirin and cancer prevention. ...
- Don't Call Them Just Survivors; They Are "Overcomers"
It’s common to throw the word "survivor" thrown around when referring to people who have battled illnesses and diseases. However, a group in San Antonio prefers to refer to themselves as Overcomers.Genny's storyWhen Genny Small was diagnosed with breast cancer, she could not believe it. She...
- Do Breast Cancer Patients Receive Too Much Radiation?
When people hear the word “cancer” they naturally become very fearful for their future. Cancer is a terrifying diagnosis to receive and can leave patients feeling uncertain, desperate, confused, yet also motivated to do whatever is in their power to get fight it. This fear can lead to situations...
- Is Ovarian Cancer Hereditary?
All women in the world are at some risk of getting ovarian cancer. Some of them are at greater risk because there are many risk factors, including the family history factor, which can cause the disease to be passed from one female family member to another. If a mother is diagnosed with ovarian...
- How to Prepare For Immunotherapy
What is Immunotherapy?The immune system is made up of a network of organs, cells, and chemicals that work together to protect the body against diseases. In light of that, immunotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that works by enhancing your body’s immune system to fight infections and diseases....
- Dr. Jason A Taylor MD, PHD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Charles Dayrit Lopez M.D.3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Todd Shane Crocenzi M.D.4805 Ne Glisan St Portland OR 97213
- Dr. Tomasz M. Beer MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Uma Madhav Borate M.D.5501 Old York Rd Philadelphia PA 19141
- Dr. David Peter Cosgrove M.D.401 N. Broadway Baltimore MD 21231