Dr. Alan D Askenase MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease39th And Market St 4 Phi Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Alan Askenase is a cardiologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Askenase specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Askenase also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease- 1985
- 2012Philadelphia Super Doctors
- Consultative Cardiology, Nuclear Stress Test (myocardial Perfusion Imaging)
- FellowAmerican College of Cardiology
- Member American Society of Nuclear Cardiology , Founding
- Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Alan D Askenase MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Dr. Alan D Askenase MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Askenase
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- How Do High Cholesterol Levels Affect the Heart?
How Do High Cholesterol Levels Affect the Heart?Cholesterol is not that bad for our body – it has several important functions and is needed in moderate amounts. This compound is required to make new cells in the body, protect neurons, and also produce hormones. But when the amount of cholesterol...
- Taking Plavix and Root Canal Treatment
Generic Name: ClopidogrelBrand Name: PlavixWhat is Plavix?Plavix is a drug that prevents the platelets in the blood from sticking together, thereby avoiding the formation of blood clots. There can be unwanted cases of blood clots, which can occur in cases of heart diseases or blood vessel...
- How Can a Cardioverter-Defibrillator Treat Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure is a common condition affecting the muscles of the heart and peripheries of the body. It leads to inefficient pumping action from the heart, which in turn results in a lesser amount of blood reaching the various parts of the body. Being highly prevalent in people aged over...
- Dr. Robert A. Watson III M.D.1235 Old York Rd Abington PA 19001
- Dr. Harvey Andrew Snyder MD210 W Atlantic Ave Haddon Heights New Jersey 08035
- Dr. Gilbert Grossman MD700 Cottman Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111
- Dr. Edward Sawyer Cooper M.D.6710 LINCOLN DRIVE PHILADELPHIA PA 19119
- Dr. IRINA JOUKOVA M.D., PH.D.10752 Bustleton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116
- Dr. Indranil Dasgupta M.D.941 Lombard Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19147