Dr. Douglas May is a radiologist practicing in Danville, VA. Dr. May specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Univ of Va Sch of Med, Charlottesville Va 1986
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Ergonomic office design and aging: a quasi-experimental field study of employee reactions to an ergonomics intervention program.
- Health care work environments, employee satisfaction, and patient safety: Care provider perspectives.
- Person-centered work environments, psychological safety, and positive affect in healthcare: a theoretical framework.
- Improving work environments in health care: test of a theoretical framework.
- Beyond service quality: the mediating role of patient safety perceptions in the patient experience-satisfaction relationship.
- The effectiveness of ethics education: a quasi-experimental field study.
- Does ethical membership matter? Moral identification and its organizational implications.
- Nurse moral distress: A survey identifying predictors and potential interventions.
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Diagnostic Radiology; Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, General Surgery
- Med College Of Georgia 1987
Douglas R May M.D.'s Practice location
Danville, VA 24541Get Direction
Douglas R May M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Frank C Snyder MD608-G Linden Dr Eden NC 27288
- George Michael Spencer M.D.142 S Main St Danville VA 24541
- Bettina Li Belles M.D.142 S Main St Danville VA 24541
- Richard Keith Hollis D.O.692 Rocky Knoll Ln Danville VA 24541
- Henry Huson D.O.288 W Main St Danville VA 24541
- Christopher Belk MD125 Executive Dr Danville VA 24541