Dr. Amy Butler is an internist practicing in Galax, VA. Dr. Butler specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Butler provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 1995
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Ear Infection
- Actinic Keratosis
- Vascular Disease
- Strep Throat
- Malcolm Grow Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Malcolm Grow Med Center
- US Air Force Regional Hospital/Headquarters Air Armament Center (AFMC) Program
Dr. Amy E Butler MD's Practice location
Galax, VA 24333Get Direction
Dr. Amy E Butler MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Butler
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Can I Lose Weight Without Dieting?
Most of fad diets that are popular do help in reducing body weight, but they make you feel hungry. Often, people who are on crash diets regain the weight lost once they are back on the track of their normal diet. Experts are of the opinion that one can definitely lose weight by just modifying his or...
- Can Low Levels of Testosterone be the Cause of Your Health Conditions?
New studies have depicted the link between low levels of testosterone and other health conditions, in men, and how hormone levels are related to the overall health of the individual. Results of the study show that a deficiency in testosterone is linked to several conditions, like obesity, metabolic...
- Breastfeeding Does Not Affect A Mother's Sleep Cycle
According to a new study, mothers who breastfeed sleep the same amount as mothers who feed their babies with infant formula. Women who breastfed their children got as much sleep during the night as women who fed their babies with formula and breastfeeding moms were any more exhausted compared to...
- What Is Mupirocin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Interactions
Generic Name: Mupirocin TopicalBrand Name(s): Bactroban, Centany AT Kit or CentanyWhat is mupirocin?Mupirocin topical is an antibiotic used to prevent the growth of bacteria on the skin. This topical antibiotic is often used for the treatment of impetigo and other skin infections caused by Staph...
- What Conditions are Associated with Hip Pain?
Severe pain in the hip may make it hard to walk or climb the stairs. Issues with muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones may all cause hip pain. Many diseases and conditions may also result in pain. Location of the pain in the hip often tells about the actual cause behind the pain.In some cases, the...
- Dr. Robert C Menezes MD155 Crystal Run Rd Middletown NY 10941
- Dr. Linda T Lastinger MD961 E Stuart Dr Galax VA 24333
- Dr. Roger K Kerley MD865 W Lake Dr Mount Airy NC 27030
- Dr. Jose S Arocha M.D.248 Doctors St Sparta NC 28675
- Dr. Nnaemeka Freddy Okaro MD200 Hospital Dr Galax VA 24333
- Dr. Kenneth A Clark MD2900 Lamb Cir Christiansburg VA 24073