Dr. Amanullah Khan practices Neuropathology in Roanoke, VA. Dr. Khan studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Dr. Amanullah Khan MD's Practice location
Roanoke, VA 24014Get Direction
CAMP HILL, PA 17011Get Direction
Dr. Amanullah Khan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Parkinson's: Tips From a Professional Occupational Therapist
Once the bomb of diagnosis of Parkinson's has been dropped on a person, it is natural to feel devastated. Modern medicine can help a lot but still, cannot stop the progression of this disease. However, with lifestyle changes a person can delay the progression of symptoms, and continue to live...
- Alzheimer's News: Analyzing the Brain to Measure Memory Decline
New Alzheimer’s research shows declining levels of serotonin—the brain chemical linked to memory—could trigger the start of dementia. The finding from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine opens the possibility of staying the onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease by preventing the...
- What Are the Symptoms of a Concussion?
A concussion refers to a traumatic brain injury that is not very serious. The word has its origin from concutere, the Latin word for ‘violent shaking’. Concussions commonly occur during contact sports, recreation activities, accidents, injuries, and falls. Concussions are very common among...
- Rebooting the Brain with Magnetic Waves May Improve Parkinson's Symptoms
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is emerging as the safest of brain resetting methods that can transform the way doctors treat many brain disorders, including Parkinson's disease.Science has long dreamt about the ability to selectively stimulate or inhibit various centers in a brain without...
- What Is Insomnia? Get the Facts
Insomnia is also known as sleeplessness. It is a sleep disorder where people have trouble sleeping. Insomnia is caused by several factors. People with insomnia have abnormal sleeping patterns as well as daytime sleepiness, irritability, and a depressed mood. They may also have an increased...
- Literally Fighting Parkinson's: Fitness Program Focuses on Boxing to Alleviate Symptoms
“Exercise is good for the brain” is a statement largely supported by scientists, physicians, researchers and all kinds of experts in the field of neurology. Some of the benefits the brain can receive from regular exercise are:...
- Dr. Ivaylo D Staykov M.D.1802 Braeburn Dr Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Timothy L Hormel MD1942 Braeburn Cir Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Robert Franklin Saul M.D.3 Riverside Circle Roanoke VA 24016
- Dr. Rebecca Webb Tanner Other4582 Franklin Rd Sw Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. Michael Sisk M.D.4431 Starkey Rd Roanoke VA 24018
- Dr. Zakia D Bell M.D.1900 Electric Rd Salem VA 24153