Dr. Walter P Vanhelder M.D.
Family Practitioner1150 N Country Club Dr Suite 1 Mesa AZ, 85201
Dr. Walter Vanhelder is a family practitioner practicing in Mesa, AZ. Dr. Vanhelder specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Vanhelder possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine 1984
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Medical treatment of muscle soreness.
- Sports medicine in the emergency room.
- Anabolic steroids in sport.
- Cyclic intramuscular temperature fluctuations in the human forearm during cold-water immersion.
- Tissue temperature profile in the human forearm during thermal stress at thermal stability.
- Regulation of growth hormone during exercise by oxygen demand and availability.
- Diurnal episodic pattern of insulin secretion in the dog.
- Modification of pulsatile pattern of basal insulin secretion in the dog by general anesthesia (Nembutal).
- Ear Infection
- Skin Cancer
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
Dr. Walter P Vanhelder M.D.'s Practice location
Mesa, AZ 85201Get Direction
Dr. Walter P Vanhelder M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vanhelder
- What Do Head Lice Eggs Look Like?
Lice lay their eggs called nits, which are placed on the hair shaft. Nits look more like dandruff but they cannot simply be shaken out of the hair like dandruff. To get rid of lice eggs, you have to follow certain steps and make sure that their eggs or nits are completely removed from the...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Foods to Avoid If You Have Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by loose or watery stools that occur more than three times a day. Typically, the condition lasts for about two to three days and then resolves on its own. The symptoms of diarrhea include watery stools, bloating, stomach cramps, gas, and nausea.Diarrhea can lead...
- What Is Asthma: Get the Facts
Asthma is a lung condition where the lung bronchioles constrict and get filled with mucus, narrowing the passage for air to pass through. It is a non-curable condition. However, the symptoms can be suppressed with proper medication, exercise (as prescribed by the doctor, or else, doing inappropriate...
- How Long Does Acute Bronchitis Last? How to Treat and Prevent
Bronchial tubes, which are an important part of the respiratory system, perform an important function of exchanging air to and from the lungs. However, sometimes due to various triggers, these bronchial tubes can get inflamed causing a mucus build-up. The symptoms like coughing and dyspnea that are...
- The Main Causes of Lower Back Pain
Brief AnatomyThe back is composed of layers of muscles that hold the spinal column in place. It is involved in moving, twisting, and bending, which is why the back is prone to muscle strain.The spinal column is made up of vertebrae that are divided into five regions. The spinal column provides...
- Dr. Monica A. Lumpkin M.D.483 W. Seed Farm Rd. Sacaton AZ 85247
- Dr. Nathan M. Brooks M.D.325 E Baseline Rd Phoenix AZ 85042
- Dr. Gary A Smith M.D.7400 S Power Rd Gilbert AZ 85297
- Dr. Mark A. Tosca D.O.16611 S 40th St. , Phoenix AZ 85048
- Dr. Matthew R Haden M.D.20401 N 73rd St Scottsdale AZ 85255
- Dr. Steven Jon Bowley MD4202 N 32nd St Phoenix AZ 85018