Dr. Gustavo Cadavid is a psychiatrist practicing in Fort Bragg, NC. Dr. Cadavid is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Cadavid diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Cadavid may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Cadavid treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Nova Southeastern College Of Osteopathic Medicine 1991
Dr. Gustavo Ivan Cadavid D.O's Practice location
Fort Bragg, NC 28310Get Direction
Dr. Gustavo Ivan Cadavid D.O's reviewsWrite Review
- How Can I Treat Anxiety at Home?
Understanding AnxietyAnxiety attacks are difficult to control without the help of a therapist. But by learning and educating oneself about anxiety may help to prevent it. Anxiety is an excessive reaction to a stressful situation, which brings in trembling, a choking feeling, pain in the heart...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Everything You Need To Know About Depression
What is Depression?Depression is a mental illness in which a person constantly feels sad, anxious, hopeless, angry, and worthless. Regardless of age, this mental instability can affect any person at any time.Types of DepressionPeople experience this mood disorder in different ways. On the basis of...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- Dr. Shabbir Ahmed Chowdhury M.D.518 Beaumont Road Fayetteville North Carolina 28304
- Jeffrey Meyer2083 Broadman Avenue Fayetteville North Carolina 28304
- Dr. Hubert Piotr Bitner MD2587 Ravenhill Dr Fayetteville NC 28303
- Dr. Phyllis Armstead M.D.109 Bradford Ave Fayetteville NC 28301
- Dr. Lynda Ann Freedman MD2300 Ramsey St Fayetteville NC 28301
- Dr. Nerva Augustin MD1817 Reilly Road Mcxc Cod Credentials Fort Bragg NC 28310