Dr. John Laverty is a pathologist practicing in New Bedford, MA. Dr. Laverty is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Laverty can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Laverty may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1958
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- D Freeman Mem Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; St Joseph Hosp & Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Worcester City Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. John K Laverty MD's Practice location
New Bedford, MA 02740Get Direction
Dr. John K Laverty MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Dr. Yong W Rhee MD795 Middle Street Fall River MA 02721
- Dr. Vincent Paul Phillipino D.D.S.16 Bramble Bush Dr Falmouth MA 02540
- John A Marshall D.M.D337 Linden St Fall River MA 02720
- Mark J Milano D.D.S.516 Hawthorn St North Dartmouth MA 02747
- Dr. Eugene Ferraro M.D.100 Ter Heun Dr Falmouth MA 02540
- Dr. James Thomas Kurtis M.D.1151 Aquidneck Ave Middletown RI 02842