Swapna Devanna, MD, a hospitalist who cares for inpatients at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) at Midwestern Regional Medical Center (Midwestern), believes it is important to form a solid do ...
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Southern Illinois University Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Swapna Devanna MD's Practice location
Springfield, IL 62702Get Direction
DULUTH, MN 55802Get Direction
Dr. Swapna Devanna MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- What are the Health Benefits of the Consumption of Pumpkins?
Pumpkins come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Orange or yellow, dark or pale green, these fruits offer loads of health benefits.Health Benefits of Pumpkins...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- Brown Fat is Great Fat
Brown fat is a health-friendly fat that helps the body to burn calories, instead of storing the energy as fat. Typically, adults do not have a lot of brown fat. A new study suggests that heart hormones may stimulate the production of brown fat cells. Researchers conducted a study on animals and...
- Lose Weight While Sitting at Your Desk
People with sedentary, desk bound jobs could be helped by portable pedaling exercise machine, says a new study. These exercise machines will help them to counter the effects of sedentary jobs, according to the researchers.In this study 18 full-time workers were provided with a portable...
- What Is Acid Reflux: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Acid reflux is a common condition wherein a person feels an internal burning pain in the lower chest area due to the stomach acid backflow into the esophagus (food pipe). Once in a while, acid reflux may be experienced. It is a common condition, which you should not worry about. However, if you...
- Dr. Roggie Reason MD1201 31st Ave SW Minot ND 58701
- Dr. Mark E Mullendore M.D.2901 Old Jacksonville Rd Springfield IL 62704
- Dr. James M Lafata M.D.2901 Old Jacksonville Rd Springfield IL 62704
- Dr. David E Steward M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Kelly Colleen Higgins M.D.1836 S Macarthur Blvd Springfield IL 62704
- Dr. Tiru Amin M.D.1002 Wishard Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202