Dr. Philip Stein MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease975 Stewart Ave Garden City NY, 11530
Dr. Philip Stein is a cardiologist practicing in Garden City, NY. Dr. Stein specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Stein also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ De Monterrey- Fac De Med- Monterrey- Nuevo Leon- Mexico 1981
University Of Monterrey
Universidad de Monterrey Facultad de Medicina 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Winthrop-University Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Winthrop-University Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Winthrop-University Hospital Program
Dr. Philip Stein MD's Practice location
Garden City, NY 11530Get Direction
Dr. Philip Stein MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stein
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- What Causes Deep Vein Thrombosis?
Deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, is characterized by the formation of clots, or thrombus, in one or more of deep veins in the body. Clots may develop in different parts of the body, like arms or chest, but are more commonly seen in the legs. DVT is a serious condition as the blood clot may move to...
- Citrus Fruits Can Reduce Your Risk of Stroke
Citrus fruits, like oranges and grape fruit, contain a compound that may reduce the risk of stroke in women, according to a study published in the American Heart Association journal, Stroke. Many of the earlier studies had shown the beneficial effect of antioxidants, like flavonoids, present in...
- Mr. Carl Dietrich Reimers MD130 E 77th St New York NY 10075
- Dr. Elena V. Bezoff D.O3049 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Nino D. Marino M.D110 East 59th Street New York City New York 10022
- Dr. Bijoy K. Mehta MD140-15 Stanford Avenue Flushing New York 11355
- Dr. Jeremiah M. Gelles MD8714 5th Avenue Brooklyn New York 11209
- Dr. Larry Altschul MD540 Union Blvd West Islip NY 11795