Dr. Irwin L. Schwartz M.D.
Adolescent Specialist | Adolescent Medicine200 Main St Suite 6 East Setauket NY, 11733
Dr. Irwin Schwartz is an adolescent specialist practicing in East Setauket, NY. Dr. Schwartz works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Schwartz treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
Education and Training
Universite Catholique De Louvain, Faculte De Medecine 1970
UniversitÈ catholique de Louvain FacultÈ de MÈdecine et de MÈdecine Dentaire 1970
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- 1977
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- 2010
- Ear Infection
- Allergic Reaction
- Ear Wax
- Strep Throat
- MemberAMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
- Member SUFFOLK COUNTY MEDICAL SOCIETY
- Member NEWYORK STATE MEDICAL SOCIETY
- Mt Sinai Hospital Med Center 1970
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center of Chicago Program
- Albert Einstein College of Med
- University of North Carolina
Dr. Irwin L. Schwartz M.D.'s Practice location
East Setauket, NY 11733Get Direction
Dr. Irwin L. Schwartz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schwartz
- What Are Gallstones: Get the Facts
Formed in the gallbladder, gallstones are compact, “stone”-like substances. In size, gallstones can be compared to either a golf ball or a grain of sand. They can be produced by the gallbladder as a single large stone, many small sized stones, or both.Just beneath the liver’s lobe, on the...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Dengue Fever?
Entry Point: The Proboscis Prick of the Aedes MosquitoIn Dengue fever, the human body plays host to a virus that is carried by the Aedes mosquito species. The infection occurs when mosquito saliva is mixed with harmful viruses in the bloodstream. The virus then goes through stages of overcoming the...
- High Prevalence of Celiac Disease in North India
Celiac disease is a genetic autoimmune disease that causes the patients to suffer attacks to the small intestine whenever they ingest products with gluten. It’s estimated that one in one hundred people worldwide suffer from celiac disease and that approximately one in ten people in north India...
- Sports Illustrated Model Robyn Lawley’s Lupus Journey Through Motherhood
It is estimated by the Lupus Foundation of America that at least five million people around the world have a form of lupus. There are 1.5 million in the United States, alone. Women of childbearing age are most likely to be stricken by this autoimmune disease. There are four different forms of lupus,...
- Finding Support for Men with Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a chronic disease mostly suffered by women. However, researches have shown that at least 5 million adults are suffering from this condition only in the U.S. Some of the most representative symptoms of the condition are chronic pain and fatigue. Lack of strength in general can lead to...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dr. Kenneth H. Prushik M.D.241 E Main St Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Francine Cormier M.D.2507 South Road Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Dr. Harvey Alan Kolker MD111 Sylvan Ave Miller Place NY 11764
- Dr. Allison Heather Eliscu MDHsc T-11, Rm 060 Stony Brook NY 11794
- Dr. Kathrynne F. Yland M.D.241 E Main St Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Anne E. Conrad M.D.241 E Main St Huntington NY 11743