Dr. Laurence Tecott is a psychiatrist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Tecott is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Tecott diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Tecott may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Tecott treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1983
University of California 1983
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Reduced satiating effect of d-fenfluramine in serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor mutant mice.
- A paradoxical locomotor response in serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor mutant mice.
- Designer genes and anti-anxiety drugs.
- In vivo electrophysiological examination of 5-HT2 responses in 5-HT2C receptor mutant mice.
- Mouse models of serotonin receptor function: toward a genetic dissection of serotonin systems.
- Knockout Corner: Neurobehavioural consequences of a serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor gene mutation.
- 5-HT(1A) receptor mutant mice exhibit enhanced tonic, stress-induced and fluoxetine-induced serotonergic neurotransmission.
- Summary of a National Institute of Mental Health workshop: developing animal models of anxiety disorders.
- Serotonin 5- HT (2C) receptor knockout mice: autoradiographic analysis of multiple serotonin receptors.
- Activation of central melanocortin pathways by fenfluramine.
- Altered gene expressions involved in energy expenditure in 5-HT(2C) receptor mutant mice.
- Enhanced locomotor, reinforcing, and neurochemical effects of cocaine in serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine 2C receptor mutant mice.
- Sleep and sleep homeostasis in mice lacking the 5-HT2c receptor.
- Hyperactivity and reduced energy cost of physical activity in serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor mutant mice.
- The genes and brains of mice and men.
- Univ Ca Sf Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Norwalk Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Laurence H. Tecott M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Laurence H. Tecott M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is a type of depression that comes and goes with the seasons. It starts during winter, usually stemming from a low amount of natural sunlight and is often lifted in the months of summer or spring. The symptoms often can begin in autumn as the days start getting...
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- What Are the Types of Hallucinations?
Hallucinations are when you perceive something in the absence of an external stimulus. For example, you may hear someone speaking to you even when there is no one around you within your hearing distance. Hallucinations are not just hearing things; it could be of different types. This article is...
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- Autism in Adults
The vast majority of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) will eventually grow up to be adults with ASD. So, what happens when someone with ASD or Asperger’s syndrome grows up, leaves school, and makes a transition to adult life? You will have to consider registering for college, applying...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.2275 Arlington Dr San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Vladimir Bokarius M.D., PH.D., L.AC3260 Blume Drive Richmond California 94806
- Dr. Janice E. Cohen M.D.Inner Sunset San Francisco CA 94122
- Dr. William W. Foote M.D.1819 Union St San Francisco CA 94123
- Dr. Kurt Edward Biehl MD1440 168th Avenue San Leandro California 94573
- Dr. Melissa E. Vallas M.D.2045 Fairmont Drive San Leandro California 94578