Dr. Enquan Gao is a psychiatrist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Gao is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Gao diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Gao may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Gao treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Dr. Enquan Gao M.D.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63141Get Direction
Dr. Enquan Gao M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can ADHD Occur in Adulthood?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) doesn’t just occur in children. It can also occur during adulthood. Actually, it has been estimated that about 70% of adults continue to struggle with ADHD. In other cases, adults who have never been diagnosed with ADHD during their childhood days...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- Dr. Shahbaz Khan M.D.5121 Raytown Road Kansas City Missouri 64133
- Dr. Gerard Paul Nagorski D.O.1235 West 64th Street Kansas City Missouri 64113
- Dr. Janice L. Downey M.D.6801 E 117th St Kansas City MO 64134
- Reshmi Saranga M.B.B.S.1021 W Williams St Apex NC 27502
- Dr. Ekkehard Othmer MD, PHD5709 Northwest 64th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64150
- Inderjeet Kaur M.D300 W 19TH TER KANSAS CITY MO 64108