Dr. Maryellen Mellen is a speech language pathologist practicing in PERKINSVILLE, VT. Dr. Mellen specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mellen evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mellen helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Maryellen Mellen's Practice location
PERKINSVILLE, VT 05151Get Direction
Ms. Maryellen Mellen's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Darlene Marie Remy20 S HILL ST LUDLOW VT 05149
- Ms. Bethany A Biehl MA, CCC-SLP13 MAIN ST WINDSOR CO 80550
- Ms. Lisa Marie Giguere MSCCCSLP290 HANOVER ST CLAREMONT NH 03743
- Mrs. Susan Hart Davis MS CCC SLP8 GILL TERRACE LUDLOW VT 05149
- Cheryl Anne Beaulieu MS-CCC/SLP289 COUNTY RD WINDSOR VT 05089
- Megan Seidner M.S. CCC SLP154 LOWER BARTONSVILLE RD CHESTER VT 05143