Dr. Robert Locke is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Newark, DE. Dr. Locke cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences 1986
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences Medicine
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- MOMMA. Multi-centered On-going Mothers Monitoring Algorithm for perinatal behavioral health.
- Increased respiratory drive and limited adaptation to loaded breathing in bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
- Stress in fathers of surgical neonatal intensive care unit babies.
- Attitudes toward pay-for-performance initiatives among primary care osteopathic physicians in small group practices.
- Increased preeclampsia in mothers delivering very low-birth-weight infants between 1994 and 2006.
- Reduced mortality and increased BPD with histological chorioamnionitis and leukocytosis in very-low-birth-weight infants.
- Increased odds of necrotizing enterocolitis after transfusion of red blood cells in premature infants.
- Decreased incidence of pneumothorax in VLBW infants after increased monitoring of tidal volumes.
- Knowledge of preconception health care among primary care physicians in Delaware.
- Prolonged early antibiotic use and bronchopulmonary dysplasia in very low birth weight infants.
- Increased monocytes and bands following a red blood cell transfusion.
- Use of neonatal simulation models to assess competency in bag-mask ventilation.
- Effects of different intermittent mandatory ventilation rates on oxygen consumption in premature infants recovering from respiratory distress syndrome.
- MemberAmerican Osteopathic Association, DO
- St Christophers Hosp Chldn, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Robert G Locke DO's Practice location
Newark, DE 19713Get Direction
Dr. Robert G Locke DO's reviewsWrite Review
- How Often Can You Donate Blood?
What is blood donation?Blood donation is the process of collecting, testing, preparing, and storing blood and other blood components for later use. Blood donors are referred to individuals who volunteer to give blood. The main purpose of blood donation is to help save the lives of people who have...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Daniel R. Dirnberger M.D.5414 Fredericksburg Rd San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Julia D. Ryan MD1025 Walnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Stephen A Pearlman MD4745 Ogletown Stanton Road Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Ursula Guillen M.D.4745 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Ashish Gupta MD1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19803
- Dr. Lynn M Fuchs MD1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE 19803