Dr. Alberto Larcada is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Miami, FL. Dr. Larcada specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Univ Of Pr Sch Of Med- San Juan Pr 1982
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (aml)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (dvt)
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Internal Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System Program
Dr. Alberto Larcada M.D.'s Practice location
Miami, FL 33143Get Direction
MIAMI, FL 33176Get Direction
Dr. Alberto Larcada M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Survey Shows Lack of Blood Cancer Knowledge Among Americans
If anyone is asked to describe what cancer is, chances are they’ll be able to provide at least a rough definition of the disease. Generally speaking, cancer is the name for the rapid and uncontrollable development of cells in a certain part of the body. In addition to holding a general awareness...
- Bringing Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients and Their Doctors Together via Survey
While patients may entirely admire and respect their doctors, sometimes they simply do not agree with the course of action they are proposing. While this may not be a big deal for a visit about a cold or something minimal, it can be life-altering for those with chronic conditions. That is why a...
- Tips on How to Live with Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma, a type of cancer, adversely affects plasma cells, which are your immune system’s components. The American Cancer Society indicates that in 2014, more than 24,000 people in the United States had multiple myeloma.Multiple myeloma patients can lose their appetite due to the adverse...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- A Triathlon for Bloodwise
Where would anyone be without friends? There have been many experiences where friends have been a bit of light in the dark. When 30-year-old Alexandra “Pixie” Flather from a town near Aylsham, England found out that her best friend was diagnosed with Leukemia, she decided to take action. At the...
- Nurse Donates Breast Milk for Lymphoma Patient's Baby
Ashley Chestnut, a mother of two children from La Vista, Nebraska, was breastfeeding her 5-month year old son Easton when she began to experience a sharp and sudden pain in her shoulder and chest. “All of a sudden a sharp pain in my shoulder and chest, it was like hitting a freight train. It was...
- Dr. Bruno Bastos M.D.2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd. Weston Florida 33331
- Dr. Frances Annette Behrmann M.D.6200 Sunset Dr Miami FL 33143
- Dr. Alan David Feinberg M.D.8940 N Kendall Dr Miami FL 33176
- Dr. Sergio Xiques M.D.11760 Sw 40th St Miami FL 33175
- Dr. Elisa Krill-jackson MD4306 Alton Rd Miami Beach FL 33140
- Dr. Paul Robert Kaywin M.D.8940 N Kendall Dr Miami FL 33176