Dr. Allan Aven is a family practitioner practicing in Tucson, AZ. Dr. Aven specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Aven possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1968
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Vet Affairs Lakeside M C, Internal Medicine; Passavant Pavillion, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Northwestern Meml Hospital 1969
Dr. Allan Barry Aven MD's Practice location
Tucson, AZ 85712Get Direction
Dr. Allan Barry Aven MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Aven
- What Do Tonsils Look Like?
Introduction Tonsils are a pair of lymphoid tissues that are located at the back of the throat. They belong to the lymphatic system and help fight infections. Normally, they are pinkish in color. However, sometimes, tonsils become enlarged, red, and irritated when they get infected.When they are...
- How to Gain Weight in a Healthy Way?
One of the biggest myths that have been going on for quite a while in the area of weight management is that gaining weight is easier than losing weight.However, in reality, it can actually be extremely tough to gain weight just like losing weight. In most cases, people who want to gain weight end...
- Is Sinusitis Preventable?
One of the leading reasons why individuals visit their doctors is sinus pain. According to research, approximately 37 million American citizens get symptoms for sinusitis like thick nasal discharge, sinus pain, and nasal congestion. That figure is on the rise due to an increase in pollutants and...
- What Causes Endometriosis? Is It Endometriosis or Just My Period?
Many women have a difficult time during their periods, and sometimes, some may confuse painful symptoms they are experiencing for simply being part and parcel of women's normal menstrual woes without suspecting that the symptoms might be due to an aggressive form of endometriosis. Endometriosis can...
- Rapid Shallow Breathing (Tachypnea): Causes and Treatments
What is rapid shallow breathing?Rapid, shallow breathing, also medically called as tachypnea, is a term used to describe a breathing that is too fast, particularly when people have it due to a lung disease or other health conditions. Sometimes, rapid, shallow breathing and hyperventilation...
- Lyme Disease: Making a Diagnosis
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by four different species of bacteria. In Europe and Asia, it spreads through Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii, while in the USA, it spreads through Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia mayonii. The disease is transmitted to humans via a common...
- Dr. Michelle Marie Klismith M.D.4175 S Alamo Ave Tucson AZ 85707
- Dr. Julio Flores MD608 Pierce Street Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Miranda Rose Sonneborn M.D.707 N. Alvernon Way Tucson AZ 85711
- Dr. Brenda Ann Wells M.D630 N Alvernon Way Tucson AZ 85711
- Dr. Christiane M Sanburn M.D.433 Saint Michaels Dr Santa Fe NM 87505
- Dr. Bruce Helming MD1224 E Lowell St Tucson AZ 85721