Dr. Bruce Todd Burks M.D
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology1 University Of New Mexico Msc08 4640 Albuquerque NM, 87131
Dr. Bruce Burks is a pathologist practicing in Albuquerque, NM. Dr. Burks is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Burks can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Burks may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 2001
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Bruce Todd Burks M.D's Practice location
Albuquerque, NM 87131Get Direction
Dr. Bruce Todd Burks M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Burks
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Dr. Kristin Alexis Olson MDUnm Hospital Pathology Anatomic Clinical Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Jennifer Jastram-belcher MDUnm Hospital Pathology Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Mohammed Ali Vasef MD2211 Lomas Ne Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Audrey Sato D.O.MSC08 4640 1 UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO ALBUQUERQUE NM 87131
- Dr. Julie Kim Gober-wilcox M.D.1 University Of New Mexico Albuquerque NM 87131
- Jain Zhou1 UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO ALBUQUERQUE NM 87131