Dr. Leonard Plotkin is a pediatrician practicing in Longmeadow, MA. Dr. Plotkin is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Plotkin diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Plotkin can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1954
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Children'S Hosp, Internal Medicine; Mass Gen Hosp, Pediatrics
Dr. Leonard H Plotkin M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Leonard H Plotkin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What Causes Toxic Synovitis?
Children who develop or complain of limping must be examined to make sure that their condition is not an orthopedic emergency like in the case of septic arthritis. After being examined, children's parents may hear about a toxic synovitis diagnosis. Such diagnosis might sound scary, but it is...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- What Is Ascariasis: Symptoms and Treatment
What is ascariasis?Ascariasis is a parasitic infection of the small intestine caused by the roundworm called Ascaris lumbricoides. Ascariasis is a common roundworm infection, especially in children. According to one of the reports from the World Health Organization (WHO), about 10 percent of the...
- How to Prevent Neonatal Jaundice
Jaundice is also described as hyperbilirubinemia, which is a very common condition that occurs in newborns within 2 to 4 days after they’re born. It results from an excessive amount of bilirubin, which is a waste product produced by the breakdown of red blood cells. Fully mature livers are capable...
- The Rotavirus Vaccination is Not Associated With Intestinal Disorders
Many doctors still dread to recommend rotavirus vaccination thinking that it may increase the chances of bowel blockage, known as intussusceptions, in children. Many studies have shown that vaccination can considerably reduce the number of hospitalizations due to severe diarrhea in infants. One of...
- Dr. Lourdes Hortense Beauzile-Delimon MD79 Maple Shade Avenue East Long Meadow Massachusetts 01028
- Dr. Jennifer A Oles M.D.305 Bicentennial Hwy Springfield MA 01118
- Dr. Elizabeth A Armstrong M.D.395 Southampton Rd Westfield MA 01085
- Dr. Jerome Lahman M.D.357 Hartford Tpke Vernon Rockville CT 06066
- Dr. John Mathews MD1080 Day Hill Rd Windsor CT 06095
- Dr. Asha Sindwani MD34 Hubbard St Ludlow MA 01056