Dr. Ige George is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. George specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
- Hemiparesis and cerebellar dysfunction complicating mixed malarial infection with falciparum and vivax malaria.
- Toxicology of the newer neonicotinoid insecticides: imidacloprid poisoning in a human.
- An evaluation of the role of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation in the management of acute respiratory failure in a developing country.
- Postpartum Group B streptococcal meningitis.
- Corticosteroids in the prevention and treatment of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in adults: meta-analysis.
- Acute abdomen: an unusual presentation of disseminated Penicillium marneffei infection.
- Fatal cerebral abscess caused by Cladophialophora bantiana.
- Quinolone-resistant Salmonella enterica Serovar typhi presenting as acute fulminant hepatitis.
- Imidacloprid poisoning--newer insecticide and fatal toxicity.
- A sinister itch: prurigo nodularis in Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Enterococcal Bacteremia is Associated with Prolonged Stay in the Medical Intensive Care Unit.
- Delayed infection with Parvimonas micra following spinal instrumentation.
- Adjuvanted Herpes Zoster Subunit Vaccine in Older Adults.
- A Woman With Bilateral Cervical Lymphadenopathy.
- The Brief Case: Bacteremia and Vertebral Osteomyelitis Due to Staphylococcus schleiferi.
Dr. Ige Abraham George MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19141Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Ige Abraham George MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There a Window Period to Test for HIV?
HIV is a virus that attacks and slowly destroys the immune system of the body. Once the virus gets into the body, it gets incorporated in the bloodstream and destroys white blood cells in the immune system. The immune system is a natural system that protects the body from infections. HIV is found in...
- Early Stages of Lyme Disease
Lyme’s disease is acquired from the deer ticks which act as its host. The main cause, though, is a bacteria of the Borrelia type that is found in the tick saliva, and then transferred to humans whenever the tick bites.How do you contract Lyme disease?Deer ticks come in contact with humans in the...
- Chronic Lyme Disease
Spirochetal bacteria are relatively harmless within the first days of infection, at worst, it may present with flu-like symptoms – fatigue, headaches, etc. After several weeks, however, the bacteria spread all over the body, affecting crucial body organs and causing severe symptoms. It all starts...
- Is Hepatitis B Contagious?
The hepatitis virus is one of the liver’s greatest enemies. It causes infections that can severely malfunction the liver, resulting in various conditions like scarring of the liver, liver failure, or even liver cancer. The hepatitis viruses have three types, namely, A, B, and C. While all three...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease?Lyme disease also called Lyme borreliosis is an inflammatory disorder in which the first symptoms that appear include rash, fever, headache, chills and then later arthritis, cardiac and neurological disorders. It is a bacterial infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. ...
- Dr. Patricia C. Cowan-Kloser M.D.90 Bergen St Newark NJ 07103
- Dr. Brett C Gilbert D.O.100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Dr. Todd I Braun MD1235 Old York Rd Abington PA 19001
- Dr. Naasha J Talati MD49 Jesse Hill Jr Dr SE Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Stacey Trooskin MD1427 Vine St Philadelphia PA 19102
- Dr. Josephine Lontok M.D.200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213