Dr. Linda Murphy is a speech language pathologist practicing in GLENDALE, WI. Dr. Murphy specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Murphy evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Murphy helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Linda Coughlin Murphy MA, CCC-SLP's Practice location
GLENDALE, WI 53217Get Direction
Linda Coughlin Murphy MA, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- Christine Tracy Anderson10602 N Port Washington Rd Mequon WI 53092
- Cynthia Michalak MS, CCC/SLP10602 N Port Washington Rd Mequon WI 53092
- Melissa A Podewils620 Schoenhaar Dr West Bend WI 53090
- Mrs. Teresa Lin Braun MS, CCC-SLP1317 W Grand Ave Port Washington WI 53074
- Mrs. Deborah K Schermer MS, CCC-SLP3925 N PROSPECT AVE SHOREWOOD WI 53211
- Ms. Katherine Monica Block M.S., CCC-SLP5015 N. 106TH ST. MILWAUKEE WI 53225