Dr. James Suggs is an internist practicing in Marion, SC. Dr. Suggs specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Suggs provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1959
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1959
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year; Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Health
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System Program
Dr. James L Suggs MD's Practice location
Marion, SC 29571Get Direction
Dr. James L Suggs MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Suggs
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Multitasking Can Help Meet Emotional Needs
Most of us do multitasking on a daily basis just out of habit and also because it makes us feel good, say results from a study. It is a well known fact that multitasking is less productive and affects the performance of a person. The feel-good factor of the multitasking may be the reason why we tend...
- Can My Diet Cause Gallstones?
What are gallstones?Gallstones are hard, stone-like crystals found in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is an organ found beneath the liver, particularly on the right side of the abdominal cavity. The pear-shaped organ releases bile into the small intestine to help digest the food we eat. The liver...
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- Carlos Alberto Jordan3763 Forest Place Marion South Carolina 29571
- Dr. Harichand H Thourani M.D.511 S Main St Mullins SC 29574
- Dr. Laila Ilyas M.D.2829 E Highway 76 Mullins SC 29574
- Dr. Alvin C Abinsay M.D.1115 N Main St Marion SC 29571
- Dr. Clifford E Medina MD705 N 8th Ave Dillon SC 29536
- Dr. Gangatharan Mathisuthan M.D511 S Main St Mullins SC 29574