Dr. Jon Guidry is a psychiatrist practicing in Rusk, TX. Dr. Guidry is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Guidry diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Guidry may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Guidry treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1991
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Tx Med Branch Hosps, Psychiatry
Dr. Jon Guidry MD's Practice location
Rusk, TX 75785Get Direction
TYLER, TX 75708Get Direction
Dr. Jon Guidry MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Guidry
- Wellbutrin Weight Loss: How Does Wellbutrin Work for Weight Loss?
What is Wellbutrin?Wellbutrin is a brand name of bupropion. It is an antidepressant and is mainly used to treat seasonal depression and major depressive disorder. It works by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. ...
- How to Help Someone Who Has Binge Eating Disorder
A severe eating disorder, binge eating disorder is a condition in which you regularly eat abnormally large quantities of food and have no control over the urge and event.Everyone can attest to the fact that it is normal to overeat at times such as on holiday parties and special occasions. However,...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Repetitive and Self-Injurious Behaviors
Autism disordersPatients who are diagnosed with autism have certain challenges, such as having difficulty in learning language, as well as communication, and an incapability of understanding body language and expressions. They are uncomfortable in new social surroundings and with social behavior, in...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Dr. Gary P Kula MD1601 North Dickinson Rusk TX 75785
- Dr. Gerard Vallejo M.D.379 Fm 2972 W Rusk TX 75785
- Dr. Young Youn MD1601 Dickinson Drive Rusk TX 75785
- Dr. Caton Cuellar MD1601 North Dickinson Rusk TX 75785
- Dr. Satyajeet Lahiri MD1601 N Dickinson Drive Rusk TX 75785
- Dr. Jill K Pontius MD5656 N Jackson St Jacksonville TX 75766