Dr. John Pollina is a physiatrist practicing in Saint Clair Shores, MI. Dr. Pollina is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Pollina focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Pollina can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1985
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1985
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Abnormal Gait
- Wm Beaumont Hosp, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Wm Beaumont Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Wm Beaumont Hospital
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. John C Pollina MD's Practice location
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081Get Direction
Dr. John C Pollina MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Sprained Ribs: What You Need to Know
The ribs form a cage-like structure that helps protect the heart and lungs against injuries. There are 24 ribs in the human body with 12 ribs on each side. Rib injuries can affect the lungs or heart if treatment is not given in a timely manner. What is a sprained rib?A sprained rib is also called...
- 5 Tips for Living with Osteoporosis
5 Tips for Living with OsteoporosisFor some people, an osteoporosis prognosis can appear like a fatal blow to their life. However, things aren’t hopeless as they might seem! Being in a position to adjust to the condition can really be helpful in getting you used to the condition. Osteoporosis...
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- What Is Spinal Decompression?
The human back is a complex structure of muscles, ligaments, bones, joints, and nerves. It is common for people to experience back problems at some point in their life for a variety of reasons. Since the pain can radiate into the back and even from other parts of the body, it is very difficult to...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- Dr. Dawit Teklehaimanot D.O.Physical Medicine And Rehabilation And Pain Consultant Southfield MI 48075
- Dr. Neal M Alpiner M.D.4949 Coolidge Hwy Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Kenneth William Rabe D.O.2940 E Banner Gateway Drive Gilbert AZ 85234
- Dr. Kertia Libretto Black MDRehabilitation Institute Of Michigan Detroit MI 48201
- Gopi Kasturi Other3601 W. 13 Mile Road Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Nathan L Gross MD24901 Northwestern Hwy Southfield MI 48075