Dr. Robert Gard is a pediatrician practicing in Roanoke, VA. Dr. Gard is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Gard diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Gard can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1999
Physician Assistant Studies, Barry University, FL 1999
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Stomach Flu
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Strep Throat
- Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
- Connecticut Institute For Communities/Greater Danbury Community Health Center Program
Dr. Robert C Gard M.D.'s Practice location
Roanoke, VA 24013Get Direction
Dr. Robert C Gard M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gard
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is intellectual disability?Intellectual disability was once called mental retardation. It is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities have below-average intelligence but are able to learn new skills at a...
- What Are the Complications of Mumps?
Mumps is a contagious illness caused by a virus. It can be passed through direct contact from one person to another. There are numerous problems that come along with mumps. They can be worrying, but they aren’t very serious and often improve as the illness passes. Common complications...
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- What Is the Babinski Reflex?
Reflexes Seen in NewbornsMuch of a baby's activity during the first few weeks of life is reflexive. When you put your finger in your baby's mouth, your baby would automatically suck on it by reflex. Your baby would not think of what to do but rather respond according to reflexes. When exposed to a...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- John W. Bouldin1802 Braebum Drive Salem Virginia 24153
- Dr. Erinn E Hokanson NP902 S Jefferson St Roanoke VA 24016
- Dr. William A Spruill M.D.21 Highland Ave Se Roanoke VA 24013
- Mr. Allen E Eskenazi M.D.21 Highland Ave Se Roanoke VA 24013
- Mr. Mark A Mcbride M.D.21 Highland Ave Se Roanoke VA 24013
- Dr. Mary Ann Cox M.D.21 Highland Ave Se Roanoke VA 24013