Dr. Christopher Thomas practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Galveston, TX. Dr. Thomas evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Thomas seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1979
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Mc Lean Hosp, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Mc Lean Hosp, Psychiatry
- A-OPTIC/University of Mississippi MC Program
Dr. Christopher R Thomas MD's Practice location
Galveston, TX 77555Get Direction
Dr. Christopher R Thomas MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Dr. Lisamar Maldonado M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Sarghi Sharma MD301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Robin Denise Mallett M.D.7510 F. M. 1765 Texas City TX 77591
- Dr. Selma Raheem M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Walter J. Meyer M.D.815 Market St Galveston TX 77550
- Ms. Nicole Yvette Jaikaran M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555