Dr. John Lomax is a cosmetic medicine and surgery specialist practicing in Peoria, IL. Dr. Lomax specializes in the enhancement of appearance. Improving aesthetic, symmetry and proportion are key goals in cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic medicine has nothing to do with these specific areas not functioning properly; therefore, this elective field solely focuses on aesthetics and anti-aging.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1980
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
- The use of oral proteolytic enzymes in patients after undergoing blepharoplasty.
- Rational design and evaluation of mammalian ribonuclease cytotoxins.
- Functional evolution of ribonuclease inhibitor: insights from birds and reptiles.
- Bovine brain ribonuclease is the functional homolog of human ribonuclease 1.
- Diazo compounds for the bioreversible esterification of proteins.
- Boronic Acid for the Traceless Delivery of Proteins into Cells.
- Comparative functional analysis of ribonuclease 1 homologs: molecular insights into evolving vertebrate physiology.
- Cytosolic Delivery of Proteins by Bioreversible Esterification.
- Skin Cancer
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Baylor Affil Hosp
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. John E Lomax M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. John E Lomax M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lomax
- Alternatives Used to Treat Acne Scars
Dermal FillersDermal fillers are used to improve the appearance of scars that have recessed. Common substances that are used as fillers and injected into the scars include collagen, hyaluronic acid, and fat. However, in order to maintain this look, you need to have injections repeatedly unless you...
- Everything You Need to Know About Blepharoplasty
What is blepharoplasty?Sometimes known as eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty is a delicate surgical procedure performed on the eyelids. Its purpose is to improve the general appearance of the upper and lower eyelids. It can, therefore, be categorised as a plastic or cosmetic surgical operation. All...
- What is a Tummy Tuck?
Abdominoplasty, or a tummy tuck, is the surgical method to remove extra fat and skin from the abdominal region. Tummy tucks also help to tighten the muscles in the abdominal region giving it a fab look.This surgery can be chosen by anybody who is in good health and wants to reduce abdominal size. It...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Everything You Need to Know About Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is surgical procedure which specializes in the reconstruction and repair of damaged skin and tissue. Tissue damage can be caused by injury, surgery or any birth abnormality. The main goal of plastic surgery is to restore the shape and function of damaged skin, making it look more...
- Are You a Candidate for a Face lift?
What is a facelift?A face lift also known as a rhytidectomy or rhytidoplasty is a surgical procedure done to improve aging signs in the face and neck. This procedure is usually performed in on women in their 4th, 5th, or 5th decade of life.Why is a facelift done?If you are worried by facial...
- Mr. James Murphy Sheridan M.D.895 West Jericho Tpke. Smithtown NY 11787
- Dr. Eric T Elwood MD1001 Main Street Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Kunvarji Gangji Shah MD802 W Trailcreek Dr Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Ira David Uretzky MD7301 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. John Murray M.D.1001 Main Street Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Emmanuella Joseph MD600 S 13th St Pekin IL 61554