Dr. Douglas White is a family practitioner practicing in Sandy, UT. Dr. White specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. White possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1999
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1994
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- MemberAmerican Academy of Family Physicians
- Member American Medical Association
- Member American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Member Utah Academy of Family Physicians
- Member Utah Medical Association
- Alameda Co Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine
- UPMC Shadyside 1992
- PCOM/UPMC Shadyside Hospital Program
- Shadyside Hospital - Pittsburgh, PA in Sports Medicine 1995
Dr. Douglas E White MD's Practice location
Sandy, UT 84094Get Direction
Dr. Douglas E White MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. White
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- What are the Risks of Dehydration?
Children and senior citizens are more prone to dehydration, although, the problem may affect individuals in any age group. It is growing concern among health care providers as people are unaware of the complications that may arise out of dehydration or they refuse to take the implications seriously....
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What Are Hormones?
IntroductionHormones are a special kind of chemical messengers in the body that are created by the endocrine glands. These chemical messengers control and coordinate complex processes in the body, such as growth, metabolism, fertility, and reproduction. Hormones can also influence the body's immune...
- What Do Antispasmodic Medicines Do?
Antispasmodic medicines are commonly prescribed drugs for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). These medications can help relieve abdominal cramping and pain, which are common symptoms experienced by people with IBS. However, antispasmodic medications might not be suitable for people who have...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- Dr. Max Gorishek Morgan MD230 N Hospital Dr Price UT 84501
- Dr. Paula L Haberman MD5872 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 84121
- Dr. Jason Robert Vanshaar M.D.1320 Wonder World Dr San Marcos TX 78666
- Dr. Sharon A. Strong MD2295 Foothill Dr Salt Lake City UT 84109
- Dr. Don Preston Allred DO1756 Park Ave Riverton UT 84065
- Dr. Michael James Peterson M.D.5746 W 13400 S Riverton UT 84065