Dr. Lindsey Gayheart is a speech language pathologist practicing in LEXINGTON, KY. Dr. Gayheart specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Gayheart evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Gayheart helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Lindsey Gayheart SLP's Practice location
LEXINGTON, KY 40509Get Direction
Mrs. Lindsey Gayheart SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Mrs. Sarah Elizabeth Shields M.S., CCC-SLP2050 VERSAILLES RD LEXINGTON KY 40504
- Mrs. Corie Sexton M.S. CCC-SLP175 W LOWRY LN STE 104 LEXINGTON KY 40503
- Ms. Alicia Nicholle Rainey MS,CCCSLP600 VINCENT WAY LEXINGTON KY 40503
- Mrs. Martha G. Park M.S.3413 CAPTIVA CT LEXINGTON KY 40509
- Brittany Eden617 COLUMBIA AVE LEXINGTON KY 40508
- Rachael Hilliard1145 WOOD RIDGE RD LEXINGTON KY 40514