Dr. Virginia Gausden is a speech language pathologist practicing in SCOTTSDALE, AZ. Dr. Gausden specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Gausden evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Gausden helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Virginia B. Gausden M.S.'s Practice location
SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85259Get Direction
Ms. Virginia B. Gausden M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Joanne Hathaway MA, CCC-SLP1025 N COUNTRY CLUB DR MESA AZ 85201
- Gwendolyn Kammerzell M.A., CCC-SLP1219 W SEA FAN DR GILBERT AZ 85233
- Mrs. Christina Jennifer Demichele MS CCC-SLP3013 N 67TH PLACE SUITE 101 SCOTTSDALE AZ 85251
- Ms. Kim Padgett Maryhew M.S., CCC-SLP6320 N 82ND ST SCOTTSDALE AZ 85250
- Miss Jamie Jean Schuldt MA CCCSLP33606 N 60TH ST SCOTTSDALE AZ 85262
- Katy Blessum CCC-SLP6865 E BECKER LN SCOTTSDALE AZ 85254