Dr. Ivy P Altomare MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology40 Duke Medicine Cir Durham NC, 27710
Dr. Ivy Altomare is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Altomare specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology- 2008
- Mount Sinai School Of Med
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York 2001
- Hematology-Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY USA 2007
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Hematology-Oncology, NY, USA 2007
- Hematology-Oncology, Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York) 2004
Dr. Ivy P Altomare MD's Practice location
Durham, NC 27710Get Direction
South Hill, VA 23970Get Direction
Dr. Ivy P Altomare MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Altomare
- What are the Stages of Multiple Myeloma?
This is the uncommon type of cancer that forms in plasma cells. A type of white blood cells found in the body, plasma cells, identify and battle germs and infections that attack the body.In multiple myeloma patients, the healthy plasma cells are overtaken by cancer cells. This reduces the number of...
- Facts About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is a certain form of cancer of the plasma cell, which is part of the immune system. It initiates in the bone marrow, where the blood cells are produced.The immune system is made of variety of cells that fight infections and keep the body healthy. What takes place in bone marrow...
- New Study Discovers How Lymphoma Affects Survivors’ Ability to Work
Young adults in many countries pride themselves on their work. They have worked hard to get to where they are and there is a huge sense of accomplishment in joining the adult world and being able to provide for themselves and their new families if applicable. When cancer comes along, their ability...
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- Seven-year-old Lymphoma Ninja Warrior Fights Through 500 Days of Chemo
In some ways, Von Kleiv is an ordinary 7-year-old boy. He goes to Welch Elementary School in Dover, Delaware. He’s in second grade. He’s getting into karate, and just broke his first wooden board at his first demonstration. People know him as a boy warrior with a strong spirit. He is optimistic,...
- Treatments for Multiple Myeloma
The cancer care crew discusses what treatment will suit you after multiple myeloma has been diagnosed and staged. The following are treatments used in multiple myeloma:...
- Dr. Jared M Weiss M.D.101 Manning Drive Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Stefanie Sarantopoulos M.D.40 Duke Medicine Cir Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Eugene P Orringer101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Neil L Spector MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. William R Berry M.D.4101 Macon Pond Dr Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Juneko Elaine Grilley-olson M.D.101 Manning Drive Chapel Hill NC 27514