Dr. Michael Dorwart practices Pain Medicine in Indianapolis, IN. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. Dorwart serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
- SLC26A9 is a Cl(-) channel regulated by the WNK kinases.
- The solute carrier 26 family of proteins in epithelial ion transport.
- SOAR and the polybasic STIM1 domains gate and regulate Orai channels.
- S. aureus MscL is a pentamer in vivo but of variable stoichiometries in vitro: implications for detergent-solubilized membrane proteins.
Dr. Michael Robert Dorwart MD's Practice location
Indianapolis, IN 46202Get Direction
Dr. Michael Robert Dorwart MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Tramadol a Narcotic?
Most tramadol users are not aware of the drug's specifications. Therefore, there is always confusion as to whether tramadol is a narcotic or not. The truth of the matter is that this medicine works like a narcotic but is not categorized as one. It is only referred to as "narcotic-like".Tramadol is...
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
What is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy?Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is also medically termed as reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSD). This is a condition which often leads to chronic pain in which high levels of nerve impulses are sent to the affected area. There are studies that...
- Benefits of CBD Oil
What is CBD?CBD or cannabidiol is a prominent nonpsychoactive compound found in the Cannabis sativa plant. It is also popularly used as a natural remedy for various ailments since it has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiemetic, anticonvulsant, antipsychotic, and anxiolytic properties (1)....
- Conditions Treated by Pain Management Doctors
IntroductionChronic pain can disrupt people's lives, their ability to work, sleep, and other activities spent with friends and family. When chronic pain interferes with the quality of life and standard treatments such as pain relievers do not work, pain management doctors can help.There are a number...
- What Is Shingles?
What are shingles?Shingles is a painful rash in the skin caused by the chicken pox virus, varicella-zoster. This skin condition usually appears in the form of a band, strip, or a small area in the body. Shingles is sometimes referred to as herpes zoster. ...
- 10 Preventable Causes of Shin Splints
Shin splints, also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS) is the pain you feel along the inner aspect of your shin bone. It is a result of repeated stress on your shin. Several factors may cause shin splints and most of them are preventable. If you are aware of the preventable causes of shin...
- Dr. John Barnett Swofford D.O.5445 E 16th St Indianapolis IN 46218
- Dr. Meredith L Langhorst MD8450 Northwest Blvd Indianapolis IN 46278
- Mr. David M Ratzman M.D.8240 Naad Rd Indianapolis IN 46260
- Dr. Jonathan P. Gentile M.D.8040 Clearvista Pkwy Indianapolis IN 46256
- Dr. Alexandru N Nitu MD6820 Parkdale Pl Indianapolis IN 46254
- Dr. Nadeem Ikhlaque MD8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis IN 46237