Dr. Maura Fichter is a Dentist practicing in Kalamazoo, MI. Dr. Fichter specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Dr. Maura A Fichter DDS's Practice location
Dr. Maura A Fichter DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fichter
- How to Prepare for Your Dental Appointment
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), people should visit their dentist or dental hygienist every six months to maintain optimal oral health. Dental problems should never be ignored since they can become serious and contribute to other medical conditions, such as heart disease,...
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- Magnolia Bark Extract Prevents Bad Breath
According to the results of a study published in, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, magnolia bark extract contains chemicals that may prevent bad breath or halitosis. These compounds, called magnolol and honokiol, kill the bacteria that cause bad breath and cavities.In this study, nine...
- New Herbal Patch May Help to Heal Canker Sores Faster
According to a new study presented at the 85th general session of the International Association for Dental Research, a novel over-the-counter patch containing licorice extract may help in the quick healing of canker sores. In this study 46 participants who had recurrent canker sores were recruited....
- Do I need to get my Wisdom Teeth Pulled?
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure used to remove one or more of the adult teeth present at the back of the mouth. It is usually done by an oral surgeon or a dentist. It is often done by opening the gum tissue over the tooth and then taking out the bone covering the tooth. The tissue...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Dr. Bruce Allen Leonard DDS3 John R Street Battle Creek MI 49015
- Dr. David Paul Vanslambrouck D.D.S.66 Morrisville Plz Morrisville VT 05661
- Dr. Charles Howard Palumbo DDS PC FAGD601 S. Shore Dr Battle Creek MI 49014
- Dr. David Fenton Cooley D.D.S.5108 Lovers Ln Portage MI 49002
- Dr. Paul Stephen Busch D.D.S.530 Nichols Rd Kalamazoo MI 49006
- Dr. Keith Anthony Cohrs D.D.S.8110 Cooley Dr Portage MI 49024