Dr. Sheldon Robert Morris M.D.
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Public Health & General Preventive Medicine200 W Arbor Dr Mail Code 8208 San Diego CA, 92103
Sheldon Morris is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in San Diego, CA. Morris specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Morris participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA Other Degree
UC San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA Other Degree
Primary Care Physician Medical Degree
Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Public Health Medical Degree
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada Medical Degree
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- 1995
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM- 2007
- Sexual behavior of female sex workers and access to condoms in Kenya and Uganda on the Trans-Africa highway.
- HPV vaccine strategies: the cost of HPV and the choice of vaccine.
- MSM: resurgent epidemics.
- A novel patient-derived intra-femoral xenograft model of bone metastatic prostate cancer that recapitulates mixed osteolytic and osteoblastic lesions.
- HIV Co-receptor usage in HIV-related non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Cost savings associated with testing of antibodies, antigens, and nucleic acids for diagnosis of acute HIV infection.
- NOTCH1 signaling promotes human T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia initiating cell regeneration in supportive niches.
- ADAR1 promotes malignant progenitor reprogramming in chronic myeloid leukemia.
- Cytomegalovirus DNA in semen and blood is associated with higher levels of proviral HIV DNA.
- A Pan-BCL2 inhibitor renders bone-marrow-resident human leukemia stem cells sensitive to tyrosine kinase inhibition.
- Shedding of HIV and human herpesviruses in the semen of effectively treated HIV-1-infected men who have sex with men.
- Reply to Mounzer and DiNubile.
- Cytomegalovirus replication in semen is associated with higher levels of proviral HIV DNA and CD4+ T cell activation during antiretroviral treatment.
- GLI2 inhibition abrogates human leukemia stem cell dormancy.
- Genital Cytomegalovirus Replication Predicts Syphilis Acquisition among HIV-1 Infected Men Who Have Sex with Men.
Dr. Sheldon Robert Morris M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, CA 92103Get Direction
San Diego, CA 92121Get Direction
Dr. Sheldon Robert Morris M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Morris
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- Reasons Why You Need Occupational Therapy
Our days go by with daily occupations. These occupations represent who we really are in life. Different occupations performed daily may include different roles like being a husband, wife, parent, child, football player, tennis player, an actor, musician, doctor, firefighter, etc. Our occupations...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- What Conditions Warrant Occupational Therapy?
In general, therapy refers to an attempt of diagnosing a health problem upon identification. Various forms of therapy have been created to address different health problems. Occupational therapy (OT) is among the newer forms of therapies which is very closely related to physical therapy (PT), but is...
- Dr. James E. LaMar M.D., M.P.H.34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego CA 92134
- Dr. Phillip Mark Milgram M.D.4130 La Jolla Village Dr La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Frederick Y Fung M.D.2001 4th Ave San Diego CA 92101
- Dr. Kathy L Head M.D.525 3rd Ave Chula Vista CA 91910
- Dr. Jeffrey Paul Sugar D.O.16950 Via Tazon San Diego CA 92127
- Dr. Christopher Bickford MD6515 La Jolla Blvd La Jolla CA 92037