Dr. Lisa Newsome is an anesthesiologist practicing in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Newsome ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Newsome also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Vanderbilt Univ Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1990
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Anesthesiology; Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Anesthesiology; Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Lisa T. Newsome M.D.'s Practice location
Raleigh, NC 27606Get Direction
Dr. Lisa T. Newsome M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Newsome
- How to Show Social Support for Lymphoma
A cancer diagnosis can shake an individual’s world, and not just the physical aspects of their world, but all corners of it. Although cancer attacks the body, it necessarily also affects a person’s mental and emotional state, and it can have an impact on other people close to the affected...
- How to Achieve Beautiful Glowing Skin
How Can I Have Glowing Skin?Is there anything that can make your skin brighter and more noticeable even without make-up? Yes, your glowing skin! It is true that hereditary factors play a role in getting that glow, but that's really just the beginning. People need to diligently follow good skin care...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Keith P. Kittelberger MD3100 Spring Forest Road Raleigh North Carolina 27616
- Dr. Thomas Joseph Monaco MD4420 Lake Boone Trl Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Gerald Anthony Maccioli MD4420 Lake Boone Trl Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Robert S Alphin MD3000 New Bern Ave Raleigh NC 27610
- Dr. Eric Wayne Mason MD4420 Lake Boone Trl Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Bradley Vargo DO11255 Woodlake Dr Willoughby OH 44094