Dr. Samantha Collum is a psychologist practicing in Providence, RI. Dr. Collum specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Collum evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Collum because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Samantha Collum PSY.D.'s Practice location
Providence, RI 02908Get Direction
Dr. Samantha Collum PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Symptoms of ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, is a condition that can affect learning and one's ability to mingle with others. As the name indicates, a lack of attention and hyperactivity are the major symptoms, which would be seen at a level that is inconsistent with the growth and...
- Taming Your Child's Temper Tantrum
Temper TantrumsTemper tantrums have been defined by experts as an unplanned display of anger or emotions by children. Children will often whine, scream, or cry during a tantrum. They may hold their breath or widely swing their arms and legs. Children between the ages of one and four experience the...
- Social Networking Sites May Reflect the Realities of Your Life
Social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter may reflect the realities of your personality, according to a study published in the journal Psychological Science. This was revealed by group of researchers who tried to determine whether people fake it on social networking sites...
- Gene Linked to Autism Can Cause More Anxiety and Seizures, Study Finds
A recent study has found that a gene linked to autism causes mice to have more seizures and anxiety. Dr. Jill Silverman is an assistant professor of psychiatry at the University of California, Davis. She led a team of researchers to study this particular gene in mice. The recently published their...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- Ozioma Okonkwo PHD110 Lockwood St Providence RI 02903
- Coral E. Brown4372 Post Road East Greenwich RI 02818
- Dr. Deanna Rae Voisine PH.D.70 Main St Taunton MA 02780
- Deborah Sepinwall PH.D.154 Waterman St Providence RI 02906
- Dr. Craig Lee Santerre PH.D.830 Chalkstone Ave Providence RI 02908
- Dr. Darren William Holowka PH.D.150 S Huntington Ave Jamaica Plain MA 02130