Dr. Jacqueline Hind is a speech language pathologist practicing in MADISON, WI. Dr. Hind specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Hind evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Hind helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
- Age effects on the temporal evolution of isometric and swallowing pressure.
- Comparison of effortful and noneffortful swallows in healthy middle-aged and older adults.
- The effects of lingual exercise on swallowing in older adults.
- The effects of intraoral pressure sensors on normal young and old swallowing patterns.
- Challenges in the design and conduct of a randomized study of two interventions for liquid aspiration.
- Dysphagia research in the 21st century and beyond: proceedings from Dysphagia Experts Meeting, August 21, 2001.
- Effects of dining on tongue endurance and swallowing-related outcomes.
- The utility of pitch elevation in the evaluation of oropharyngeal Dysphagia: preliminary findings.
- Effects of Device-Facilitated Isometric Progressive Resistance Oropharyngeal Therapy on Swallowing and Health-Related Outcomes in Older Adults with Dysphagia.
Jacqueline Ann Hind MS/CCC-SLP, BRS-S's Practice location
MADISON, WI 53705Get Direction
Jacqueline Ann Hind MS/CCC-SLP, BRS-S's reviewsWrite Review
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Molly Alane Knigge CCC-SLP600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Amy Baillies SLP600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Carol J Tolejano SLP600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Norah Garrity M.S. CCC-SLP2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Burnet TX 78611
- Mrs. Rachelle Eugster MA, CCC-SLP2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Fitchburg WI 53711
- Elizabeth Hedrich M.S CCC-SLP2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Fitchburg WI 53711