Dr. Sonia Archer is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Archer specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Archer often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ma Med Sch- Worcester Ma 1990
University Of Massachusetts Medical School 1990
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Periodontal ligament cells and gingival fibroblasts respond differently to attachment factors in vitro.
- Protein production by human gingival fibroblasts is enhanced by guanidine EDTA extracts of cementum.
- Enhancement by extracts of mineralized tissues of protein production by human gingival fibroblasts in vitro.
- Effects of head position on intraoral pressures in Class I and Class II adults.
- Lip morphology and area changes associated with surgical correction of mandibular prognathism.
- A 70-year-old man with an empyema.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hp M C, General Surgery
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
Dr. Sonia Y Archer M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02215Get Direction
Dr. Sonia Y Archer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Treatments for Anal Fissure and Which Specialist Should I Consult?
Anal fissure is an impairment of the wall of the anus. It usually does not come with a lot of medical complications. Nonetheless, it should be treated with urgency, since it can make life very uncomfortable for you. Anal Fissure SymptomsAnal fissure comes with a number of symptoms. Since some of...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- Anal Fissures: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Risks
An anal fissure is a the tear or ulcer in the anal canal’s lining. The anal canal forms the end of the large bowel and lies between the rectum and the anus.Symptoms of Anal FissureThe following are the most prominent symptoms of anal fissures:...
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- Dr. Todd D Francone M.D.University Of Rochester Medical Ctr Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Brian Frank Hinnebusch M.D.825 Washington St Norwood MA 02062
- Dr. Vitaliy Y. Poylin M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Stephen M Sentovich M.D.830 Harrison Ave Boston MA 02118
- Dr. David I Becker MD75 Herrick St Beverly MA 01915
- Dr. Alan Weldon Hackford MD11 Nevins St Brighton MA 02135