Dr. Sivaselvi Gunasekaran is a pathologist practicing in Tampa, FL. Dr. Gunasekaran is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Gunasekaran can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Gunasekaran may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India 1968
Madras Medical College
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Univ Of S Fl Coll Of Med, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Mt Sinai Med Ctr Of Fl, Inc, General Surgery
Dr. Sivaselvi Gunasekaran M.D.'s Practice location
Tampa, FL 33634Get Direction
Dr. Sivaselvi Gunasekaran M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Ardeshir Hakam12902 USF Magnolia Drive Tampa FL 33612
- Dr. Nicole D. Riddle M.D.7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. William Jarmolych D.D.S.1935 Drew St Clearwater FL 33765
- Dr. Jason Graham Savell MD12902 Usf Magnolia Dr Tampa FL 33612
- Dr. Ramon Sandin MD12902 Usf Magnolia Dr Tampa FL 33612
- Dr. Bruce M Wenig M.D.10 Nathan D Perlman Place New York NY 10003