Dr. Esra Fakioglu
Infectious Disease Specialist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Infectious Diseases111 E 210th St Bronx NY, 10467
Dr. Esra Fakioglu is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Bronx, NY. Dr. Fakioglu specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- MemberNorth Shore-LIJ Medical Group
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS (AAP)
- Member INFECTIOUS DISEASE SOCIETY OF AMERICA (IDSA)
- Member PEDIATRIC INFECTIOUS DISEASE SOCIETY (PIDS)
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Esra Fakioglu's Practice location
STATEN ISLAND, NY 10314Get Direction
Dr. Esra Fakioglu's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fakioglu
- Does My Child have Whooping Cough?
What is pertussis?Pertussis, or whooping cough, is a highly contagious airborne disease of the respiratory system and can occur in children, adolescents, and adults of any age, unless they are vaccinated. The frequency of the occurrence in the U.S. are very promising, as annually there are 5,000 to...
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- What Causes Meningitis?
Meningitis occurs when the meninges, the protective membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord, get inflamed or irritated. Meningitis is an outcome of certain bacteria or viruses entering the body when our immune system is weak.These bacteria and viruses live in the nose, throat, or the...
- Lyme Disease in Children
Lyme disease can affect anyone, regardless of age or gender. However, those who spend a lot of time outdoors are at a higher risk for Lyme disease because they are exposed to ticks more than others. According to research, children are more commonly affected by Lyme disease because they spend more...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Dr. Sunil Sood MDNsuh-Dept Of Pediatrics Manhasset NY 11030
- Dr. Nathan Litman MDCham Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Marc Foca OtherColumbia University Department Pediatric New York NY 10032
- Dr. Tsoline Kojaoghlanian MDCham Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. John G Larsen MD1245 Park Ave New York NY 10128
- Dr. Adam Ratner MD3959 Broadway New York NY 10032