Dr. James Schrenker is a family practitioner practicing in Bristol, TN. Dr. Schrenker specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Schrenker possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1993
Indiana University School of Medicine 1993
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Heart Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- E Tn U-J H Quillen Coll Med, Family Medicine
- E Tn University J H Quillen College Med
- East Tennessee State University Program
Dr. James H. Schrenker MD's Practice location
Bristol, TN 37620Get Direction
Bristol, VA 24201Get Direction
Dr. James H. Schrenker MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schrenker
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- Suffering from Constant Nausea? Here's What It Could Be
IntroductionNausea is an unpleasant feeling that is usually experienced before vomiting. Constant or persistent nausea is characterized by feeling nauseous for more than 24 hours. Although nausea and vomiting often come together, vomiting may occur without feeling nauseous and nausea can occur...
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- What Does Triamcinolone Treat?
Triamcinolone topical is used for the treatment of various skin conditions and their symptoms, such as redness, inflammation, itching, and other discomforts. This topical medication is also a corticosteroid and only available through prescription. Other available forms of triamcinolone are:...
- Managing High Fever In Children
Most of the time, a fever doesn’t indicate a serious problem. However, it can be alarming and frightening if a child’s body temperature increases dramatically. Oftentimes, fever is the body’s way of fighting infections. Although not all fevers need treatment, a high fever can make children...
- Dr. Christina R Hutchins M.D.3114 Browns Mill Rd Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Michael P Kauzlarich D.O.121 E. Ravine Road Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Arthur Morgan Boyd MD444 Clinchfield Street Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Erin Elizabeth Harris M.D.201 Cassell Dr Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Uzoma N Obuekwe MD300 Moore Street Bristol VA 24201
- Dr. Kevin D Misischia DO444 Clinchfield Street Kingsport TN 37660