Dr. Ervin Y Eaker M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology6850 Hilltop Rd Suite170 Shawnee KS, 66226
Dr. Ervin Eaker is a gastroenterologist practicing in Shawnee, KS. Dr. Eaker specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Eaker performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine 1981
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Successful decompression of colonic pseudo-obstruction with neostigmine.
- The white plaque represents gastric mucosal metastatic calcification, which stains as dark deposits in the submucosa.
- Update on acute colonic pseudo-obstruction.
- Electrogastrography: a document prepared by the gastric section of the American Motility Society Clinical GI Motility Testing Task Force.
- Treatment of chronic constipation with colchicine: randomized, double-blind,
- MPTP and duodenal motility.
- Dopamine and norepinephrine in the gastrointestinal tract of mice and the effects of neurotoxins.
- WHR 1049, a potent metabolite of lidamidine, has antidiarrheal and antimotility effects on the small intestine in rats.
- Chronic alterations in jejunal myoelectric activity in rats due to MPTP.
- Colitis and interleukin 1beta up-regulate inducible nitric oxide synthase and superoxide dismutase in rat myenteric neurons.
- Presence of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor mRNA in rat myenteric plexus cells.
- Anti-myenteric neuronal antibodies in patients with achalasia. A prospective study.
- Neurofilament and intermediate filament immunoreactivity in human intestinal myenteric neurons.
- Prospective study of esophageal botulinum toxin injection in high-risk achalasia patients.
- Antimyenteric neuronal antibodies and motility.
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- University of Florida Program
Dr. Ervin Y Eaker M.D.'s Practice location
Shawnee, KS 66226Get Direction
Dr. Ervin Y Eaker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Eaker
- What Is an Abdominal Hernia?
When a piece of tissue or an organ protrudes from its normal position, the condition is called a hernia. An abdominal hernia occurs when a piece of bowel protrudes through a weak area of the abdominal walls. Muscle and tissue layers form the abdominal walls. Weak spots may arise from these layers,...
- Samantha Irby Laughs Because She Refuses to Cry
Inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's and Colitis affect over 1.6 million Americans and nearly 100,000 more people are diagnosed with IBD each year. Like many other diseases, IBD does not discriminate based on age or gender. It is commonly seen that younger adults are more like to be diagnosed...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- The Stress and Anxiety Behind Crohn's and Colitis
It’s no news flash that stress and anxiety can play a major role in health. From raising blood pressure to having a negative impact on a person’s ability to sleep, anxiety and too much stress, especially the wrong kind of stress, can cause a host of different problems for your health. It’s...
- Celiac Disease Patients No Longer Considered High-Risk for Cancer
How celiac disease can affect the bodyThere have been numerous studies that were conducted to show the effects that celiac disease might or might not have in relation to the body. This particular one has looked into patients for a span of ten years, measuring how different conditions developed...
- Why Going Gluten-Free Is the Next Step for Peripheral Neuropathy
Few disease are more difficult to treat than those related to the brain and nerves. Since it is the body’s control center, having diseases caused by malfunctions in the brain can have multiple effects on the body. Not only are doctors trying to cure or control the root cause, relief for multiple...
- Dr. Charles L Brooks M.D.6850 Hilltop Rd Shawnee KS 66226
- Dr. Thomas C Welton M.D.720 Sw Lane St Topeka KS 66606
- Dr. Patrck L Schroeder M.D.720 Sw Lane St Topeka KS 66606
- Dr. Shekhar K Challa MD2200 Sw 6th Ave Topeka KS 66606
- Dr. Timothy Howard Bulkley OtherVa Eastern Kansas Health Care System Colmery-O Neil Topeka KS 66622
- Dr. Brent E Roeder MD720 Sw Lane St Topeka KS 66606