Dr. Allen Sills practices Neurological Surgery in Nashville, TN. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Sills prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Intracranial paracrine interleukin-2 therapy stimulates prolonged antitumor immunity that extends outside the central nervous system.
- Therapeutic strategies for local recurrent malignant glioma.
- Central nervous system cancers: Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Current treatment approaches to surgery for brain metastases.
- Central nervous system cancers.
- A prospective evaluation and literature review of levetiracetam use in patients with brain tumors and seizures.
- Interstitial delivery of dexamethasone in the brain for the reduction of
- Response to acute concussive injury in soccer players: is gender a modifying factor?
- Structural brain injury in sports-related concussion.
- Recovery from sports-related concussion: Days to return to neurocognitive baseline in adolescents versus young adults.
- Treatment of head injuries.
- Baseline neurocognitive scores in athletes with attention deficit-spectrum disorders and/or learning disability.
- Does age affect symptom recovery after sports-related concussion? A study of high school and college athletes.
- Pharmacologic treatment of sport-related concussion: a review.
Dr. Allen K Sills MD's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
Memphis, TN 38104Get Direction
Dr. Allen K Sills MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sills
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Dr. Richard A Berkman M.D.345 23rd Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Paul R Mccombs MD2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Carl R Hampf M.D.2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. J. Duffy Mocco MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Jason R Hubbard MD2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Robert J Singer M.D.3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232