Dr. Jay Shah is a nephrologist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Shah specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Shah most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Flushing Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jay Arvind Shah M.D.'s Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15261Get Direction
CAMP HILL, PA 17011Get Direction
Dr. Jay Arvind Shah M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Kidney Biopsy?
A kidney biopsy, also called renal biopsy, is a medical procedure which involves taking a sample tissue of the kidney for laboratory analysis. This procedure helps your doctor know the type of disease on your kidney, how severe the disease is and the best treatment option. A kidney biopsy is also...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
What are kidney stones?A kidney stone is a hard, crystal-like mineral substance formed within the kidney or urinary tract. In medical terms, it is known as nephrolithiasis. They are also called as renal calculi.Kidney stones can block the stream of urine and can result in urinary infection, kidney...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Dr. Christopher A. Gisler MD4502 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Wallace C Gauntner M.D.824 California Ave Pittsburgh PA 15202
- Dr. Jose Bernardo M.D.401 Market St Steubenville OH 43952
- Dr. Matthew G Pesacreta M.D.1050 Bower Hill Rd Pittsburgh PA 15243
- Dr. Maria Diana Vornicu M.D.4815 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224
- Dr. Gabriel T. Weinberg D.O.824 California Ave Pittsburgh PA 15202